- Phone is unlocked for all US carriers and Internationally Unlocked.
- Silver and space gray
- 5.8-inch Super Retina HD display with HDR and True Tone1
- Glass and stainless steel design
- Water resistant to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes (IP67)5
- Dual 12MP cameras (Wide, Telephoto) with Portrait mode, Auto HDR, and 4K video up to 60 fps
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera with Portrait mode, Auto HDR, and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- LTE Advanced2
- A11 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Battery life: Up to 13 hours video playback3
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- Qi wireless charging12
- Fast-charge capable
1. What's the difference?
If you think you may be in the market for a previously owned phone, it is important to know that anyone can sell an old device and call it a "used phone" or a "pre-owned phone." That is why it's important to understand a couple of terms
Refurbished phones: This typically refers to devices that have undergone some sort of repair. The previous users' data has been wiped and the factory settings are typically restored, allowing you to set up the device the same way you would a brand-new phone.
Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) phones: This refers to all of the pre-owned smartphones we sell. These devices have been inspected and are in full working order. "Certified Pre-Owned" is also potentially more accurate than "used" or "refurbished" — some smartphones are returned in full working order after only a few days. While these devices are definitely pre-owned and cannot be sold as new, some may not have been used at all by previous owners.
2. Where do pre-owned and used phones come from?
It's a common misconception that all pre-owned or refurbished phones were returned due to defects. While it's true that some pre-owned devices require repairs, many people bring back smartphones within the allowed return window simply because they've decided they want a different model or color. Other pre-owned phones find their way back onto store shelves via trade-ins.
3. What kind of shape are these phones in?
Refurbished phones may seem identical to brand-new devices, or they may have a fair number of dings and scratches. (Generally speaking: the worse the condition, the lower the price.)
When phones are returned or recycled due to defects, the refurbishment process may involve repairs such as new internal components, new screens and fixed ports. But before these smartphones can be sold as Certified Pre-Owned devices, they must be fully inspected to ensure they work properly.
All Certified Pre-Owned devices are assigned 1 of 4 grades according to their cosmetic condition.
- 1. LIKE NEW in Box are just what they sound like; they look and feel like a new phone, and they've either been used very minimally and been re certified. We rate them as 9/10
- 2. A phone in EXECELLENT Condition mayhave a no too few light scratches. We rate these as 8/10
- 3. A VERY GOOD will be slightly more scratched up. We rate these as 7/10
- 4. Finally, a device in GOOD will have more substantial scratches, scuffs or dents on the phone case and may also have scratches on the screen. We rate them as 6/10
- 4. How do I know a pre-owned device is reliable?
All Certified Pre-Owned devices have passed Total Quality Inspection, which ensures the following:
- The battery charges up, and the battery charge indicator works
- All ports are completely functional, and all card slots work
- Wi-Fi and other connectivity functions work properly
- Speakers, microphones and Bluetooth audio all work
- All buttons and soft keyboards work, and the software is up to date
A warranty is one way to reduce concerns about a used or refurbished device. Certified Pre-Owned devices come with a 90-day limited warranty, which protects you in the case of manufacturing defects.
5. Why would I get a pre-owned phone instead of buying new? The short — and most common — answer is budget.
A Certified Pre-Owned smartphone will often sell for $200 less than an identical new model. This allows buyers to move up to a model they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford or to simply save if they don't really care about unboxing a brand-new phone. Buying a Certified Pre-Owned model is also an affordable way to replace a lost or broken device, especially if you weren't planning to buy a new one for another year or more.
Some people are also drawn to refurbished phones due to the reduced environmental footprint. Purchasing a Certified Pre-Owneddevice helps to keep old phones out of landfills and saves energy, water and other resources required to make new devices.
6. Why not buy "regular" used phones?
You may find lower prices from individuals selling their used smartphones online. But a lower price may not turn out to be a better "deal" if the phone comes with technical problems such as liquid damage (or, even worse, turns out to be stolen). If you buy a used phone from someone you don't know, you'll be unprotected when something goes wrong.
7. How do other people feel about their used phones?
According to one consumer survey, more than two-thirds (67%) of refurbished phone owners said they had no complaints about their devices — very near to the portion of new smartphone owners who said the same thing about their devices (69%). In fact, more than 4 out of 5 people who bought a refurbished device said they were "highly satisfied" with their products.
Quality savings and protection from Us.
Now that you know a little more about Certified Pre-Owned phones, are you ready to take the plunge? Our CPO devices are guaranteed to be fully functional, come with a 90-day limited warranty. It's a win-win: a quality device at a lower price. Shop for a new-to-you device now.